At our Park Slope dental office we us the highest standards in dental technology. Dr Sarji use two different kinds of implants, traditional and new.
- Our traditional dental implants have a success rate of around 98%.
- We use have been using Zimmer internal hex implants since 1998.
- Zimmer dental implants are the only company that offer secure locking by friction fit between the dental implant and the abutment. This means that the patient will get the security and peace of mind that the abutment and crown will not loosen over the years. (All the other implants companies offer screw retained abutment; the screw may loosen over the years)
Our normal process for a dental implant takes 6 to 7 months. Firstly the dental implant is placed into the jaw. ( We use a painless technique) After about 4 months, the implant integrates and fuses to the jaw bone. At that time another small incision is made; a healing cap and abutment are placed. After about 3 weeks an impression for the crown is taken. After two weeks the crown is installed. So the entire process for a dental implant takes 6 to 7 months.
- Our new high speed implants take only 2 weeks from start to finish. It is a brand new material, technique and concept in implant and restorative dentistry. Dental implants are helping people restore their youthful smiles and the advantages over dentures are huge. Some of the advantages are an overall improved appearance and they look and feel like your own teeth. They can give you
- Improved speech through better pronunciation.
- Improved comfort ( no more slipping dentures these are fixed)
- Easier eating - now you can eat all the foods you want.
- Improved self-esteem - you will no longer be embarrassed about smiling.
- Improved oral health as now there you will reduce bone loss in your jaw.
- For more information on how dental implants can change your smile and change you life please contact our office.